real person believed to be a spambot

Richard Eisenberg-2
Hi devs,

I'm forwarding the following from a friend (cc'd) who was unable to register for Trac. Can anyone help?

----

Hi.  I tried to register with username "j6carey" and email "[hidden email]" to report a bug in GHC 8.0.1, and the system says there's a 97% chance I'm a spammer.  It asked me a question first ("What does the G stand for in GHC?"), and I thought I answered correctly, in lowercase as requested, but it still rejected me, and now it won't even ask that question again (for the same browser, at least).

Do you know what's going wrong?

Re: real person believed to be a spambot

Ben Gamari-2
Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi devs,
>
> I'm forwarding the following from a friend (cc'd) who was unable to register for Trac. Can anyone help?
>
> ----
>
> Hi.  I tried to register with username "j6carey" and email "[hidden email]" to report a bug in GHC 8.0.1, and the system says there's a 97% chance I'm a spammer.  It asked me a question first ("What does the G stand for in GHC?"), and I thought I answered correctly, in lowercase as requested, but it still rejected me, and now it won't even ask that question again (for the same browser, at least).
>
> Do you know what's going wrong?

Oh dear, it seems that our spam filter seems to be a bit overzealous.
Thanks for reporting this!

I've tried training your events as ham. Could you try again?

Cheers,

- Ben