req_interp tests

Ömer Sinan Ağacan
Hi,

I have a few problems with req_interp tests.

First, req_interp doesn't actually skip the test, it runs it but expects it to
fail. This causes problems when testing stage 1 compiler because 629 req_interp
tests are run for no reason. Ideally I think req_interp would skip the test,
and for the error messages ("not build for interactive use" etc.) we'd have a
few stage 1 tests (maybe we alrady have this). This would make the testsuite
much faster for testing stage 1.

Second, combination of req_interp and compile_fail currently doesn't work,
because req_interp makes a failing test pass, but compile_fail expects the test
to fail. See T3953 as an example. Making req_interp skip the test fixes this
problem as well.

So I'd like to make req_interp skip the test instead of expecting it to fail.
Any objections to this?

Ömer

Re: req_interp tests

Ben Gamari-2
Ömer Sinan Ağacan <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,

> So I'd like to make req_interp skip the test instead of expecting it to fail.
> Any objections to this?

Sounds reasonable to me.