setlocale maintainership

Adam Vogt
Hello list.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
reply.

Let us wait until September 1 2014, and then I could be allowed to
upload a corrected version?

Regards,
Adam

Re: setlocale maintainership

Andreas Abel-2
 > Let us wait until September 1 2014, and then I could be allowed to
 > upload a corrected version?

Is this sarcarsm? (I guess so.)

I think in exceptional cases you should be allowed to fix a broken
package earlier (which in general is a severe issue, due to the hazard
of a psychological meltdown of the overstepped maintainer).

Maybe you can dig out a prophesy somewhere that the world ends on August
31 2014?

On 14.06.2014 21:30, adam vogt wrote:

> Hello list.
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
> ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
> the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
> reply.
>
> Let us wait until September 1 2014, and then I could be allowed to
> upload a corrected version?
>
> Regards,
> Adam

http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/

Re: setlocale maintainership

Vincent Hanquez
On 2014-06-14 20:30, adam vogt wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
> ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
> the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
> reply.
Hi,

I think it would be more productive to merge this package into unix than
keep this tiny module.

--
Vincent

Re: setlocale maintainership

Herbert Valerio Riedel
On 2014-06-16 at 10:53:37 +0200, Vincent Hanquez wrote:

> On 2014-06-14 20:30, adam vogt wrote:
>> Hello list.
>>
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
>> ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
>> the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
>> reply.
> Hi,
>
> I think it would be more productive to merge this package into unix
> than keep this tiny module.

Fwiw, you can submit bugs/issues at

  https://github.com/haskell/unix/issues

Re: setlocale maintainership

Erik Hesselink
If you upload your fix somewhere, I'm sure one of the hackage trustees
can upload a fixed version for you. No need to go through the whole
package takeover procedure.

Erik

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM, adam vogt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello list.
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
> ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
> the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
> reply.
>
> Let us wait until September 1 2014, and then I could be allowed to
> upload a corrected version?
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Re: setlocale maintainership

Carter Schonwald
agreed with Erik

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you upload your fix somewhere, I'm sure one of the hackage trustees
can upload a fixed version for you. No need to go through the whole
package takeover procedure.

Erik

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM, adam vogt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
> ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
> the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
> reply.
>
> Let us wait until September 1 2014, and then I could be allowed to
> upload a corrected version?
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Re: setlocale maintainership

Adam Vogt
Hello,

You can find a fixed version at
http://code.haskell.org/~aavogt/setlocale-0.0.4.tar.gz

Regards,
Adam

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Carter Schonwald
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> agreed with Erik
>

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If you upload your fix somewhere, I'm sure one of the hackage trustees
>> can upload a fixed version for you. No need to go through the whole
>> package takeover procedure.
>>
>> Erik
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM, adam vogt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello list.
>> >
>> > http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
>> > ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
>> > the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
>> > reply.
>> >
>> > Let us wait until September 1 2014, and then I could be allowed to
>> > upload a corrected version?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Adam

Re: setlocale maintainership

Carter Schonwald
great, do you have a diff/patch of the fix on hand? (if a trustee uploads a fix, they should probably eyeball what changes first :) )

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> agreed with Erik
>

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If you upload your fix somewhere, I'm sure one of the hackage trustees
>> can upload a fixed version for you. No need to go through the whole
>> package takeover procedure.
>>
>> Erik
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM, adam vogt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello list.
>> >
>> > http://hackage.haskell.org/package/setlocale does not compile with
>> > ghc-7.8 because it has a manually written typeable instance. I emailed
>> > the author about this one month ago (May 15), but I have received no
>> > reply.
>> >
>> > Let us wait until September 1 2014, and then I could be allowed to
>> > upload a corrected version?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Adam

Re: setlocale maintainership