stack ignores my config.yaml?

Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Hello haskellers,

I'm trying to use stack scripting capabilities, but it gives me an error (and suggestion to fix it by adding some lines to extra-deps in config.yaml).
However, adding this lines to config.yaml doesn't change anything. My script and config are here - https://pastebin.com/PyRMQtqw

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: stack ignores my config.yaml?

Adam Bergmark-2
I assumed that would work, but you can also specify the packages on your `-- stack [..]` line in imap.hs

I may be overrlooking something.

HTH,
Adam

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 at 16:17 Alexey Egorov via Haskell-Cafe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello haskellers,

I'm trying to use stack scripting capabilities, but it gives me an error (and suggestion to fix it by adding some lines to extra-deps in config.yaml).
However, adding this lines to config.yaml doesn't change anything. My script and config are here - https://pastebin.com/PyRMQtqw

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: stack ignores my config.yaml?

Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list
So what is preferred way to use packages together with script command?
I'm added all this packages to stack arguments, and now it prints:

Понедельник, 3 апреля 2017, 21:09 +05:00 от Michael Snoyman <[hidden email]>:

[...]

The error message is misleading. The script command only allows you to use packages that exist in a snapshot. If you want to include additional packages, reverting to the runghc command is the right approach.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Alexey Egorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
So what is preferred way to use packages together with script command?
I'm added all this packages to stack arguments, and now it prints:
> Local packages are not allowed when using the script command

Понедельник, 3 апреля 2017, 21:09 +05:00 от Michael Snoyman <[hidden email]>:

The new script command was explicitly designed to ignore local configuration files to allow for complete reproducibility, which has historically been quite difficult with `runghc`. If instead you _do_ want to respect local config, you should use the previous `runghc` command approach.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Adam Bergmark <[hidden email]> wrote:
I assumed that would work, but you can also specify the packages on your `-- stack [..]` line in imap.hs

I may be overrlooking something.

HTH,
Adam

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 at 16:17 Alexey Egorov via Haskell-Cafe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello haskellers,

I'm trying to use stack scripting capabilities, but it gives me an error (and suggestion to fix it by adding some lines to extra-deps in config.yaml).
However, adding this lines to config.yaml doesn't change anything. My script and config are here - https://pastebin.com/PyRMQtqw

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: stack ignores my config.yaml?

Michael Snoyman
Sorry, to clarify: I meant that the _original_ error message was misleading, the new error message about "Local packages are not allowed" is correct.