status of wash?

Günther Schmidt
Hi,

is WASH still active, what's the current status of it?

I'm looking for a Haskell version of Smalltalk's Seaside, at first
glance WASH seems to come close.

Günther

Re: status of wash?

Marc Weber
Hi Günther,

the ideas of WASH will never die.
However AFAIK the implentation has never been updated to work with
servers such as HappStack. I may be wrong about this.

I tried making WASH perfect by getting 100% DTD validation:
http://github.com/MarcWeber/vxml

Somewhen I was lost in the type system. I also noticed that I
don't want 100% validation because this actually means you can't write
<ul>
</ul>
Because the XHTML DTD does't allow empty uls.
It's not a big problem though.

It's not ready to be used. That's why I didn't even upload it to
hackage.

I'll watch this thread and I'll see who can give more information.

Marc Weber

Re: status of wash?

Günther Schmidt
Hi,

well I followed klondykes advise and followed through with the examples
on the
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Practical_web_programming_in_Haskell
site.

The authors did point out at the very beginning that the approach shown
was not very sophisticated and I'd agree with that :) .

Of what I *read* about WASH that is more like what I had in mind, state
of the art sort of thing. How come it's discontinued or not maintained?
It pretty much looks like Seaside just in Haskell.

As I said this is by judging from what I *read*, I haven't actually used
it yet.

Is this technique continued in some other project maybe?

Günther