strange socket I/O problem under HPUX 11.0

strange socket I/O problem under HPUX 11.0

Joseph H. Buehler
I ported Hugs to a number of UNIX variants but am running
into a strange problem under HPUX 11.0.

I wrote a trivial server program that reads a line from a
socket and writes a message back to the client.

This works fine, except under HPUX, where it does write the
message to the client, but before it writes the message
it writes back the line that was read from the client!

Any ideas on this?  Does Hugs use straight stdio or does
it do something funny like reaching into the internals
of the stdio data structures?

Joe Buehler