streaming-bytestring and compression

Colin Woodbury
Hi again, very much enjoying IO streaming.

Is there a way to decompress the contents of a `ByteString m r` on the fly that doesn't involve https://hackage.haskell.org/package/streaming-commons-0.1.16/docs/Data-Streaming-Zlib.html?

I can imagine some sort of:

decompress ::Monad m => ByteString m r -> ByteString m r

that could then be composed with `lines` for further processing.
Is there such a thing?

Thanks,
Colin

streaming-bytestring and compression

Michael Thompson
Hi, Colin I constructed this a few months ago,

 https://github.com/michaelt/streaming-utils/blob/master/Streaming/Zip.hs

It just translates the corresponding pipes module because it came up with stack overflow question I was looking at (a couple other of the modules in this repo just replicated corresponding pipes material).   I haven't tested it at all though, so I haven't uploaded it to hackage. Maybe I will try constructing some tests. yours Michael.

Re: streaming-bytestring and compression

Colin Woodbury
Thanks Michael, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Any intention of releasing that module?

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 at 18:44 Michael Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Colin I constructed this a few months ago,

 https://github.com/michaelt/streaming-utils/blob/master/Streaming/Zip.hs

It just translates the corresponding pipes module because it came up with stack overflow question I was looking at (a couple other of the modules in this repo just replicated corresponding pipes material).   I haven't tested it at all though, so I haven't uploaded it to hackage. Maybe I will try constructing some tests. yours Michael.

Re: streaming-bytestring and compression

Michael Thompson
Yes, I will try on Monday. There is something else I wanted to repair before uploading.

Re: streaming-bytestring and compression

Michael Thompson
Dear Colin:

The Streaming.Zip module is in the new `streaming-utils` on hackage

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/streaming-utils-0.1.4.5/docs/Streaming-Zip.html.

All of the dependencies are on stackage now, so I sent a pull request to include it. Thanks for mentioning it!