Quantcast

the impossible happened: splitTyConApp

Frederik Eaton-3
Hi,

$ ghc -O3 --make LearnBinFactors.hs -package GSL -o lbf
Chasing modules from: LearnBinFactors.hs
Compiling Main             ( LearnBinFactors.hs, LearnBinFactors.o )
ghc-6.4.2: panic! (the `impossible' happened, GHC version 6.4.2):
        splitTyConApp a{tv a8EX}

I've attached the program LearnBinFactors.hs.

The version of the GSL package which it uses can be downloaded from:

http://ofb.net/~frederik/GSLHaskell2.tar.gz

Frederik

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/

Re: the impossible happened: splitTyConApp

Frederik Eaton-3
Attaching the file, sorry.

When I comment out line 32:

myXlogyx :: Dom a => FVector a -> FVector a -> FVector a

then the error goes away.

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/

LearnBinFactors.hs (5K) Download Attachment

RE: the impossible happened: splitTyConApp

Simon Peyton Jones
A nice bug report, thank you.  Turns out to be an obscure GADT case, and
another reason for switching to System FC.

I've fixed the STABLE branch, but I won't fix the HEAD because we're
about to move to FC so it seems hardly worth it.

BUT if we release the HEAD before the FC switch, we should apply the
patch from the STABLE branch.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, compile without -O.  Or even just compile
Vector.Fast without -O

Simon