type checker plugin success depends on whether an expression is manually inlined

type checker plugin success depends on whether an expression is manually inlined

Adam Vogt
Hello list,

The following file compiles with my plugin. It makes a data family
HList have role representational in a way that I believe is safe:

https://github.com/aavogt/HListPlugin/blob/master/ex/Coerce.hs#L19

I expect the highlighted line to be acceptable. However, it seems that
the plugin never sees anything from line 19, when I uncomment it. Is
there something I can do to make that L19 work? Is this a known or
intentional limitation of type checker plugins?

Thanks,
Adam