type inference algorithm for type classes

type inference algorithm for type classes

robert wong
Hi All,

I have been developing a type inference system which is very similar to type
classes' (by Wadler and Blott). However, I cannot find a detailed
description of the algorithm. In "Type Classes in Haskell", implementation
issues are discussed briefly. However, it is too brief for me to grasp. Does
anybody have any suggestion on where to look?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: type inference algorithm for type classes

Ronny Wichers Schreur
robert wong writes (in the Haskell Cafe):

> I have been developing a type inference system which is very similar to
> type classes' (by Wadler and Blott). However, I cannot find a detailed
> description of the algorithm. In "Type Classes in Haskell",
> implementation issues are discussed briefly. However, it is too brief
> for me to grasp. Does anybody have any suggestion on where to look?

See Mark Jones's "Typing Haskell in Haskell"
    <http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~mpj/thih/>.

Cheers,

Ronny Wichers Schreur