`typeof' is not a (visible) method of class `Typeable' ?

`typeof' is not a (visible) method of class `Typeable' ?

WANG Meng
Hi All,

While I was trying to declare Language.Haskell.TH.Exp as an instance of
"Typeable", ghci 6.4 yields this error. It does not allow me to define an
instance of "typeof". Does anybody know what should be the right way
of doing this? Thanks.

 -W-M-
  @ @

  \_/

Re: `typeof' is not a (visible) method of class `Typeable' ?

Ben Franksen-2
On Friday 11 November 2005 18:22, WANG Meng wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While I was trying to declare Language.Haskell.TH.Exp as an instance
> of "Typeable", ghci 6.4 yields this error. It does not allow me to
> define an instance of "typeof". Does anybody know what should be the
> right way of doing this? Thanks.

Did you try 'typeOf' (note the capital O)?

Ben