university courses on type families/GADTs?

university courses on type families/GADTs?

Tom Schrijvers-2
Hello Haskell Cafe,

I was wondering whether there are any universities that teach about
Haskell type families or GADTs?

Thanks,

Tom

--
Tom Schrijvers

Department of Computer Science
K.U. Leuven
Celestijnenlaan 200A
B-3001 Heverlee
Belgium

tel: +32 16 327544
e-mail: [hidden email]
url: http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~toms/

Re: university courses on type families/GADTs?

Christopher Anand
I think these topics have been covered in

http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~kahl/FP/2009/

Christopher

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:38:14 +0100 (CET)
 Tom Schrijvers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Haskell Cafe,
>
> I was wondering whether there are any universities that teach about
> Haskell type families or GADTs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom Schrijvers
>
> Department of Computer Science
> K.U. Leuven
> Celestijnenlaan 200A
> B-3001 Heverlee
> Belgium
>
> tel: +32 16 327544
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> url: http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~toms/

Re: university courses on type families/GADTs?

Manuel M T Chakravarty
Tom Schrijvers wrote,
> I was wondering whether there are any universities that teach about Haskell type families or GADTs?

I do in my course "Language-based Software Safety" (both TFs and GADTs).  It's an advanced, research-oriented course for 4th year undergraduate and for postgraduate students.  (It wasn't offered last year and this year, but will be again offered next year.)

Manuel

Re: university courses on type families/GADTs?

Stefan Holdermans
Tom,

> I was wondering whether there are any universities that teach about
> Haskell type families or GADTs?

I'm quite sure at least GADTs are covered in INFOMAFP, the graduate
course on Advanced Functional Programming at UU:

   http://www.cs.uu.nl/docs/vakken/afp

Cheers,

   Stefan