virtualenv vs

luc.taesch
I run ( again) in some dependencies issues , and considering using
virtualenv , or cabal-dev

any comment fro users on these tow ? recommendations ? what to do ?
what not to do ?

--------------
[virtualenv](http://paczesiowa.blogspot.be/2011/11/virtual-haskell-environment.html)

virtualenv vs

David McBride
Use hsenv, which is the successor to virthualenv.  It is very easy to
use, and just works for most simple cases.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM, luc taesch <luc.taesch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I run ( again) in some dependencies issues , and considering using
> virtualenv , or cabal-dev
>
> any comment fro users on these tow ? recommendations ? what to do ? what not
> to do ?

virtualenv vs

Rustom Mody
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM, David McBride <toad3k at gmail.com> wrote:

> Use hsenv, which is the successor to virthualenv.  It is very easy to
> use, and just works for most simple cases.

I tried to google for virthualenv and hsenv. Nothing significant came up
Whats the diff?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

virtualenv vs

Mats Rauhala
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 06:21:08PM +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:
> I tried to google for virthualenv and hsenv. Nothing significant came up
> Whats the diff?

IIRC it's just a name change

--
Mats Rauhala
MasseR

virtualenv vs

Rustom Mody
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Mats Rauhala <mats.rauhala at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 06:21:08PM +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > I tried to google for virthualenv and hsenv. Nothing significant came up
> > Whats the diff?
>
> IIRC it's just a name change

That's what it seemed to me. David said hsenv was the successor; so I asked.

--
http://www.the-magus.in
http://blog.languager.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

virtualenv vs

Brent Yorgey-2
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 06:33:53PM +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Mats Rauhala <mats.rauhala at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 06:21:08PM +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > > I tried to google for virthualenv and hsenv. Nothing significant came up
> > > Whats the diff?
> >
> > IIRC it's just a name change
> >

> That's what it seemed to me. David said hsenv was the successor; so I asked.

It was a name change, but also I think more development has been done
on hsenv since the name change.  So virthualenv is like an old version
of hsenv.

-Brent