what appears to be a persistent problem for me ..

what appears to be a persistent problem for me ..

Vasili I. Galchin
Hello,

       I seem to have recovered from my Ubuntu problems by installing the ghc binary from http://www.haskell.org. However, if I modify a .cabal file, e.g. unix.cabal, then "runhaskell Setup.hs build" is always in the "re-configure" state even if I do a "runhaskell Setup.hs configure" ... It seems the re-configure state is determined by:

-- |Check that localBuildInfoFile is up-to-date with respect to the
-- .cabal file.
checkPersistBuildConfig :: FilePath -> IO ()
checkPersistBuildConfig pkg_descr_file = do
  t0 <- getModificationTime pkg_descr_file
  t1 <- getModificationTime localBuildInfoFile
  when (t0 > t1) $
    die (pkg_descr_file ++ " has been changed, please re-configure.")

in /ghc-6.8.2/libraries/Cabal/Distribution/Simple. ??

Kind regards, Vasili

Re: what appears to be a persistent problem for me ..

Salvatore Insalaco
2008/5/26 Galchin, Vasili <[hidden email]>:
> I seem to have recovered from my Ubuntu problems by installing the
> ghc binary from http://www.haskell.org. However, if I modify a .cabal file,
> e.g. unix.cabal, then "runhaskell Setup.hs build" is always in the
> "re-configure" state even if I do a "runhaskell Setup.hs configure"

Probably you have some file date modification issues.

Check your system clock, and then delete the dist directory created by
cabal in the package directory.

Salvatore