what is lens-based parsing?

Ruben Astudillo
Dear Cafe

I've reading the tutorial for pipes-parse, and I got some references
that it supports lens-based parsing. I know lens, yet I don't really
know what is that about. Also looking in google doesn't get any detailed
blogpost. Can anybody help me out on what is this?

--
-- Ruben

Re: what is lens-based parsing?

Li-yao Xia
Hello Ruben,

I think this just refers to the fact that parsers can be combined using
the lenses provided by the library.

Gabriel Gonzalez[1] wrote "pipes-parse-3.0.0 introduces a new lens-based
parsing mechanism." So it doesn't seem to correspond to a globally known
pattern.

Li-yao

[1]
http://www.haskellforall.com/2014/02/pipes-parse-30-lens-based-parsing.html