whats our timeline for 7.8 release?

Carter Schonwald
hey all,
many many folks are wondering about when 7.8 is going to hit RC officially.
What are the bugs / blockers / etc that are left to deal with?
We should at least aim to communicate whats going on instead of leaving
folks wondering.

-Carter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

whats our timeline for 7.8 release?

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦)
Hi,

> many many folks are wondering about when 7.8 is going to hit RC officially.
> What are the bugs / blockers / etc that are left to deal with?
> We should at least aim to communicate whats going on instead of leaving
> folks wondering.

Would somebody answer this question?
I'm also wondering.

--Kazu

whats our timeline for 7.8 release?

Carter Schonwald
indeed! At this point, I think wee all agree theres a few known bugs that
are being tracked down, so maybe its time to do an RC to start shaking out
any thing thats not been caught yet?

@Austin / @Simon / @HVR,  are there any current blockers for saying "we
have an RC" sometime in the next week?

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > many many folks are wondering about when 7.8 is going to hit RC
> officially.
> > What are the bugs / blockers / etc that are left to deal with?
> > We should at least aim to communicate whats going on instead of leaving
> > folks wondering.
>
> Would somebody answer this question?
> I'm also wondering.
>
> --Kazu

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

whats our timeline for 7.8 release?

Simon Peyton Jones
I'm just back from holiday.   In my last conversation with Austin we were expecting a release candidate before Christmas.  I don't think there are any show-stopping bugs; the last one was the irritating limitation to 64k symbols in Windows DLLs which was making it hard to build GHC on Windows, but I think we worked out how to hack around that.

I expect Austin is on holiday now, but I'll check with him when he gets back.

Simon