where to take ghc-6.8(.1)

Serge D. Mechveliani
Yan Linah wrote about testing ghc-6.8(.1).
Please, where to take its source from?
If it is CVS, then, please, specify the command.
Is it with profiling?

Re: where to take ghc-6.8(.1)

Ian Lynagh

Hi Serge,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 05:10:30PM +0400, Serge D. Mechveliani wrote:
> Yan Linah wrote about testing ghc-6.8(.1).
> Please, where to take its source from?
> If it is CVS, then, please, specify the command.

The 6.8 branch hasn't been forked yet.

It will be forked from the HEAD at some point. If you want to try out
the HEAD in the mean time then see
    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/DarcsRepositories
and
    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building

> Is it with profiling?

I'm not sure what you mean; bindists of the HEAD are made nightly (when
the build works, at least), available from:
    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/dist/
and I'm fairly sure they all include profiling libraries.

Thanks
Ian