www.haskell.org/ghc

Richard Eisenberg-2
Hi all,

I want to write a URL to represent GHC. It seems that www.haskell.org/ghc is the right one. But that page is quite ugly! A full redesign is always a challenge, so I'll make a simple request: remove announcements of old releases, for some definition of old. (I suggest: all releases from current major version + last release from previous major version.) Right now, I have to scroll down to get to "What is GHC?" and it's a little embarrassing.

Thanks!
Richard

Re: www.haskell.org/ghc

dongen
* Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> [2015-08-25 22:34:16 -0400]:

: I want to write a URL to represent GHC. It seems that
: www.haskell.org/ghc is the right one. But that page is quite ugly!
: A full redesign is always a challenge, so I'll make a simple request:
: remove announcements of old releases, for some definition of old.
: (I suggest: all releases from current major version + last release
: from previous major version.) Right now, I have to scroll down to
: get to "What is GHC?" and it's a little embarrassing.

Thanks Richard. You could also put in a _release history_ hyperlink
to a separate page.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen

Re: www.haskell.org/ghc

David Laing
Hi,

A low-effort alternative would be to swap the order of the 'Latest News' and 'What is GHC?' sections.

Cheers,

Dave

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM, dongen <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> [2015-08-25 22:34:16 -0400]:

: I want to write a URL to represent GHC. It seems that
: www.haskell.org/ghc is the right one. But that page is quite ugly!
: A full redesign is always a challenge, so I'll make a simple request:
: remove announcements of old releases, for some definition of old.
: (I suggest: all releases from current major version + last release
: from previous major version.) Right now, I have to scroll down to
: get to "What is GHC?" and it's a little embarrassing.

Thanks Richard. You could also put in a _release history_ hyperlink
to a separate page.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen

RE: www.haskell.org/ghc

Simon Peyton Jones
I agree.  At the bottom it says "this page is maintained by Simon Marlow").

Simon

Re: www.haskell.org/ghc

Matej Grabovský
Hi.

I'm pretty sure the design of the GHC homepage was discussed previously somewhere, but I can't find the thread at the moment. Anyway, there's a repository of the website on GitHub[1]. You could perhaps try to send a pull request there.
Best regards,

Matěj

[1]: https://github.com/haskell-infra/ghc-homepage

On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:32 AM, Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I want to write a URL to represent GHC. It seems that www.haskell.org/ghc is the right one. But that page is quite ugly! A full redesign is always a challenge, so I'll make a simple request: remove announcements of old releases, for some definition of old. (I suggest: all releases from current major version + last release from previous major version.) Right now, I have to scroll down to get to "What is GHC?" and it's a little embarrassing.

Thanks!
Richard

Re: www.haskell.org/ghc

Richard Eisenberg-2
Ah. I was not aware of that repo. I've posted a PR there.

Thanks!
Richard

PS: Yes, I remember some thread about a redesign. But I didn't want to get involved with all that -- just a quick fix is what I was after.