xmonad hides xfce4-panel

Kalle Svensson
I had the same problem. It's not thunar that gets drawn over the panel it's xfdesktop. After I removed xfdesktop from Settings Manager > Session and Startup > Session, my desktop started working properly. Of course I lost the desktop icons like the trash bin and home, but I wasn't using them anyway.

Re: xmonad hides xfce4-panel

Brandon Allbery
On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 2:53 AM, Kalle Svensson <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had the same problem. It's not thunar that gets drawn over the panel it's xfdesktop. After I removed xfdesktop from Settings Manager > Session and Startup > Session, my desktop started working properly. Of course I lost the desktop icons like the trash bin and home, but I wasn't using them anyway.

Yes, our _NET_WORKAREA information is incorrect and breaking xfdesktop. :/