I'm getting some really strange behavior after an upgrade on Arch.
I finally got everything compiling again, and if I use xfce first
and then do a replace it works like expected.
If I run xmonad with startx or sddm, it almost works.
I can quit Xmonad, but that is all. I do a S-Mod-Q it will exit, but I can't get anything else to work.
If I mess around to much that doesn't even work.
I reduced my xinitrc to "exec xmonad".
I even tried without my xmonad.hs but no change. I couldn't even bring
up an xterm.
One thing that is suspicious Is that I can't get xinit to just start an
xterm so that I can run xmonad manually to see what happens.
I get connection errors for tty0. But :0 is the one I think I'm
connecting to. I tried vt :0 and :1. The log by default is Xorg.0.log
and there is nothing going wrong there.
At this point I'm looking for ideas.
Using --replace from an xfce login is messy with it's sessions and so forth.